This is a really quick and simple soup but super tasty and filling!
1 tablespoon oil (I used sunflower oil)
1 chopped onion
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tablespoon curry paste or 1tsp of garam masala powder or 1tsp or curry powder
2 teaspoon of tamarind (paste)
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (
2 large Sweet Potatoes hpeeled and chopped into cubes
1 Red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 litre of chicken or veg stock
Juice of 1 Lime
Half a can of coconut milk (use reduced fat if you want to keep fat content down)
1. Warm oil in large saucepan or casserole dish, fry off onion, garlic, red peppers and the ginger on a medium heat until onions are translucent.
2. Stir the curry paste or powder into the onion mix and also stir the tamarind if you have some so it coats everything
3. Add all the chopped sweet potato to the pan and pour into pan the chicken or veg stock. Bring up to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer for 30 mins until the potatoes are soft.
4. Stir the coconut milk and lime juice in and then blend the whole pan of soup with a hand held blender until to have a velvety smooth texture.
5. Its served with sour cream in photo but I think the coconut milk makes it rich enough without!